Trout - DAL
CF Burkheimer trout rods have been quietly taking over the quality trout waters the world over. Find an angler that quietly goes about his business, casts a beautiful line with accuracy and precision and more than likely you'll find a Burkie in his hand.
While Burkie trout rods contain plenty of technology, they don’t use buzz-word marketing lingo to describe tapers or models. That’s not the Burkheimer way. Instead, they prefer to focus on building exceptional fly rods—fly rods with that Burkie feel.
The Deep Action Load (DAL) series of rods were designed for angler’s who prefer a more relaxed and refined actions, and that love the feel of a fly rod as it loads deep and unloads quickly and predictably.
These rods offer full deep flexing qualities and a fast recovery cycle. You want a gentle presentation while protecting light tippets with a #16 PMD or #20 Midge? This rod series will do it. How about deep nymphing with a stonefly or ripping a streamer through a log jam? These rods will do that too. DAL’s are highly versatile with a forgiving flex that still provides superior performance. Designed for fishing, not the parking lot shoot out.
Presentation Style Features
- Real Seat: Bright Nickle w/Redwood Burl
- Guides: Hard Chrome stripper and Snake Brand Snakes
- Blank Color: Cobalt Blue
- Winding Check: Cork wrap
- Cork Inlay: Five layer / Single Inlay
- Handle: Mod. Western Cigar X-Flor grade cork
- Free Domestic Shipping in the United States
- Free International Shipping to Designated Locations
CF Burkheimer Fly Rods are warrantied to the registered original owner for life. Accidents or misuse are not covered under this warranty. However, if a mishap takes place resulting in a broken section, CF Burkheimer will repair or replace the part for a nominal fee. Please, do not return your rod in need of repair to a dealer. Ship directly back to CF Burkheimer for all warranty work.
- Single Hand Rods: tips and mid-sections – $50 / butt sections – $135
- Double Handed Rods: tips and mid-sections – $75 / butt sections – $195
- Broken guide replacement $25 each
- State of Washington customers are responsible for state sales tax charges
- Please include return shipping cost with payment. Return shipping within the US is via UPS or USPS with an average cost of approximately $30.00 .
- Other carriers and expedited shipping services are available and may result in a high shipping fees.
- Foreign customers will be charged exact cost of US Postal Service fee (contact us in advance for pre-pay amount)
WHAT DO I DO IF I BREAK A ROD?
Follow this link to Burkheimer's Warranty Repair Form and fill it out completely. Include a check, money order, or call in credit card information when you ship the rod. This payment will cover the repair costs, return shipping costs and insurance charges. Please do not send cash.
Send the entire rod back to us, including the broken section(s). Package it in a sturdy box or tube, CF Burkheimer will not be responsible for any rods broken in transit. Please include the Warranty Repair Form and payment.
Repairs are a huge priority for us and we do everything in our power to return the rod promptly. Average repair time is 2~3 weeks. On some older models where parts need to be made and custom fit it can take 4~6 weeks. Please inform us if you need the rod sooner. We will work hard to expedite the repair and get it back to you as quickly as possible. We make every effort to match the original color of your rod blank when building replacement parts, but slight color variations are a possibility. This has no effect on action or structural integrity.
Shipping charges for international repairs or expedited returns will be addressed and billed on a case by case basis.
International Customers please clearly mark all custom forms that you are shipping an item back for repair; Warranty / Repair / No Commercial Value. We will refuse shipment on all packages not clearly stated as United States customs charges duty for unmarked packages.
Please address all rod returns to:
CF Burkheimer Fly Rod Company
2001 Main Street
Washougal, Washington 98671
8' 9" 3 Weight
- 389-DAL: Dry Flies and Small Nymphs
- Rod Weight: 2.25 oz.
8' 9" 4 Weight
- 489-DAL: Dry Flies and Nymphs
- Rod Weight: 2.5 oz.
9' 4 Weight
- 490-4 DAL: Dry flies and Small nymphs.
- Rod Weight: 2.65 Oz.
9' 5 Weight
- 590-4 DAL: Dry flies and nymphs
- Rod Weight: 2.7 oz.
9' 6 Weight
- 690-4 DAL: Terrestrials, Dry Flies and Nymphs
- Rod Weight: 2.8 oz.