Atom LT Hoody - Women's
Steeped in the alpine, this versatile hoody has warmed climbers, hikers, backcountry skiers and downtown commuters. Worn as a midlayer or standalone, it performs across a range of conditions and output levels. Coreloft™ Compact insulation retains warmth even if wet and has loft retention that withstands years of packing and unpacking. The water resistant Tyono™ 20 face fabric is soft, breathable and durable, stretch side panels improve ventilation and freedom, and the insulated StormHood™ adds warmth.
Arc'teryx offers long-lasting, durable products crafted with high-quality materials.
Versatile synthetic insulated mid layers with a high degree of weather resistance.
High performance, minimalist design that is durable for its weight.
Versatile high performance designs for diverse activities and conditions.
Adding pigment at the polymer level which saves water, reduces C02 emissions and increases fabric colourfastness.
Man-made insulation with quick dry times, durability and retains warmth when damp.
- Moisture-resistant outer face fabric
- Compressible and packable
- Wind resistant
- Weight: 320 g / 11.3 oz
- Resilient Coreloft™ Compact 60 insulation retains loft
- Performance stretch fleece side panels give ventilation
- Light, soft Tyono™ 20 is air permeable
Design & Fit
- Trim fit for base layer or light mid-layer use
- Fit Trim fit, Hip Length, Centre back length: 67 cm / 26 in
- Women's Sizing Chart
- Articulated elbows
- Gusseted underarms for mobility and comfort
- Adjustable hood drawcord with single pull adjuster
- Insulated helmet compatible StormHood™ with structured mini hood brim
Zippers & Fly Configuration
- No Slip Zip™ front zipper
- Custom TPU zipper pulls
Cuff & Sleeves Configuration
- Stretch-knit cuffs
- Cuff construction increases durability, eases layering and removal
- Drop back hem
- Laminated hem
- Dual lower hem adjusters
- Two hand pockets with hidden zippers
- Internal chest pocket with zip
- Contains materials that meet the bluesign® criteria
- Dope dyed lining fabric
- DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish repels moisture
- Dope Permeair™ 20 - 100% nylon
- Coreloft™ Compact (60 g/m² ) insulation. Highly crimped, multi-denier siliconized polyester yarn that has undergone a special process which reduces the thickness of the material by 50%, without reducing its insulation value by the same amount. Lightweight, breathable, thermally efficient 100% polyester fibre.
- Stretch fleece - 94% polyester, 6% elastane
- Tyono™ 20 denier shell with DWR treatment - 100% nylon
- Machine wash in cold water on a gentle cycle
- Do not bleach
- Tumble dry on low heat on a delicate setting
- Do not iron
- Do not wring
- Do not dry clean
- Free Domestic Shipping in the United States.
- Wee Burly Double Weave - 56% nylon, 34% polyester, 10% elastane
- Machine wash in warm water (30°C)
- Wash dark colours separately.
- Tumble dry on low heat.
- Iron on low heat.
Wondering if your shell will fit over your favorite down hoody? Arc'teryx's Layering Guide will tell you.
Layers are the instruments of keeping you dry, warm and using your energy efficiently. Put into the right systems, a good sequence of layers provides you with weather protection, moves moisture away from your skin, conserves or dissipates heat, and does this in the least amount of time.
Use the layering guide to select your system and to understand how it works together. Function and comfort increase from effective layering.
The way that layers sit next to each other optimizes temperature regulation and moisture management inside your clothing, by allowing the fabric technologies to function at maximum performance. Proper layering also permits textiles to move freely over each other, so you don't experience restriction or chafing. Having an efficient system adds up to more time outdoors, safely and comfortably pursuing and pushing your activities of choice.
Covert Cardigan - Men's Layering Rating
Arc'teryx Layering Master Key
Using the number assigned to your product, refer to the illustration to discover additional layers you can add to your system.
Product compatibility: Determine where your first layer sits and move outward to layer over top; move inward to layer underneath. Products with the same number will not be compatible.
Base layers have the smallest numbers and sit closest to the body. Hardshells have higher numbers; they are your outermost layer.
Arc'teryx assigns a a number to their products to help you find the right combination of products that layer well over one another.
Do: Layer an item with a larger number over an item with a smaller number.
A #4 or #5 shell jacket will layer perfectly over a #3 insulated or fleece jacket.
Don’t: Try to layer two items with the same number over one another.
Why? Because layering a #3 shell jacket over a #3 insulated jacket will crush the insulation, eliminating its ability to efficiently keep you warm.
Your first layer, worn next-to-skin to provide warmth and quickly move moisture away from your skin. Lighter weights are best for warm conditions and/or high output levels.
Heavier weights for cool conditions or lower output. Wool retains its warmth when wet and has natural anti-odor properties.
Synthetics are lightweight, dry quickly and can be more abrasion resistant.
Insulation & Fleece
Insulation & fleece provide warmth while also dissipating heat during periods of high output. When selecting insulation type, consider weight and weather conditions.
Down provides the highest warmth-to-weight value and packs small, but it is best suited to cool and dry conditions
Synthetic materials remain warm when damp, are more abrasion resistant but less compact and heavier than down.
Fleece is a thermal garment with high air permeability. Fleece offers high comfort, but less weather resistance when worn as a standalone layer.
Shells are the most weather protective layer, most often worn on the outside of all other layers. Evaluate your environment, expected output level and typical conditions when making your selection.
GORE-TEX shells are fully waterproof, windproof and breathable.
Windshells are lighter weight, wind and weather resistant. Best suited to dry conditions, or minimal precipitation.
Softshell refers to a four-way stretch textile with a durable weather resistant outer surface.
Waterproof Insulated Jackets combine insulation and a weather protecting outer layer into a single layer.