The SDF comes on the heels of Abel's move to Colorado: the trout-based surroundings inspired them to take it up a notch.
The SDF (Sealed Drag Fresh) is a scaled-down version of the award-winning saltwater titan featuring similar porting and a stainless steel / carbon fluoropolymer drag system. The SDF boasts an enormous amount of drag, an adjustment range almost three times greater than its predecessor, and virtually zero start up inertia.
Abel took what was learned from their SDS (Sealed Drag Salt) design, made sure to include the unmistakable Abel fit and finish, and created the best freshwater reel they have ever seen.
- User convertible retrieval system
- Large arbor increases line retrieval rate and reduces line memory
- Almost a full ounce lighter than the original SD
- Drag pressure ranges from zero to an amazing 10 pounds
- Incredibly wide range of drag adjustment from zero to max
- Designed & machined by trout junkies in Colorado
- Quick change spool
- Made in USA
|Line + Yards
||5 + 125 Yards 20#
6 + 120 Yards 20#
||6 + 165 Yards 20#
7 + 145 Yards 20#