Light, versatile synthetically insulated hoody works as a midlayer and standalone.
Alpine proven as a midlayer and standalone, this versatile hoody has warmed climbers and backcountry travelers for years. Built to handle a range of conditions and output levels, the latest-generation Atom LT’s Coreloft™ Compact insulation retains its warmth even if wet and has loft retention to withstand years of packing and unpacking. The water resistant Tyono™ 20 face fabric is breathable and durable, stretch side panels improve fit and freedom, and the insulated StormHood™ adds warmth.
Fact: Every person at Head Office owns at least one Atom LT; most of the women have two.
The reason: Coreloft™ insulation inside a light taffeta shell. All the comfort of a sleeping bag, but it feels weightless.
The benefit of taffeta fabrics is their light, airy nature with an ability to turn aside wind. The Atom series have a taffeta outer lining that is treated with DWR (durable water resistant) finish to give them a long-lasting ability to shed moisture. In light precipitation, the Atom LT can be worn as an outer layer.
Mid layers that can function as outer layers have varied degrees of weather shedding capability; they also have varied degrees of moisture management. In addition to being made of breathable Coreloft™ insulation, the Atom LT has breathable side panels of Polartec® Power Stretch® with Hardface™ technology to help regulate temperature during exertion.
Highly compressible, Atom pieces pack down into a tiny parcel of stored warmth. Store the jacket inside its own pocket, or tuck it into a sleeve or inside the hood if you are not restricted by space. A quick shake restores the original loft, time and again.
* Redesign includes an update to the cuff construction for easier on/off and layering, an updated material package for enhanced durability, updated fit, and a dope dyed liner.
- Moisture-resistant outer face fabric
- Compressible and packable
- Wind resistant
- Resilient Coreloft™ Compact 60 insulation retains loft
- Performance stretch fleece side panels give ventilation
- Light, soft Tyono™ 20 is air permeable
- Articulated elbows
- Gusseted underarms for mobility and comfort
- Adjustable, insulated, low profile StormHood™ with structured mini hood brim
Zippers & Fly Configuration
- No Slip Zip™ front zipper
- Custom TPU zipper pulls
Cuff & Sleeves Configuration
- Stretch-knit cuffs
- Improved cuff construction increases durability, eases layering and removal
- Laminated hem
- Dual lower hem adjusters
- Slight drop hem
- Two hand pockets with hidden zippers
- Internal chest pocket with zip
- Contains materials that meet the bluesign® criteria
- Dope dyed lining fabric
- DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish repels moisture
Arc'teryx Layering Sytem
Layers are the instruments of keeping you dry, warm and using your energy efficiently. Put into the right systems, a good sequence of layers provides you with weather protection, moves moisture away from your skin, conserves or dissipates heat, and does this in the least amount of time.
The graph shows where this product sits within a layering system. Use the layering guide to select additional pieces for your system and understand how they fit together. Find out more about how to layer on Arc'teryx's Layering Page.
- Coreloft™ 60 (60 g/m²) insulation. Made with highly crimped multi-denier siliconized polyester yarn, this lightweight, breathable, and thermally efficient, 100% polyester staple fibre is very compressible and has excellent loft retention.
- Tyono™ 20 denier shell with DWR treatment - 100% nylon
- Machine wash in cold water on a gentle cycle
- Do not bleach
- Tumble dry on low heat on a delicate setting
- Do not iron
- Do not wring
- Do not dry clean