Trout - Traditional
CF Burkheimer trout rods have been quietly taking over the quality trout waters the world over. Find an angler that quietly goes about his business, casts a beautiful line with accuracy and precision and more than likely you'll find a Burkie in his hand.
- Reel Seat: Smoked nickel w/California Buckeye
- Guides: Smoked Nanolite stripper and snakes
- Blank Color: Translucent black
- Winding Check: Cork wrap
- Cork Inlay: Five layer / Single Inlay
- Handle: Mod. Western Cigar X-Flor grade cork
While Burkie trout rods contain plenty of technology, they don’t use buzz-word marketing lingo to describe tapers or models. That’s not the Burkheimer way. Instead, they prefer to focus on building exceptional fly rods—fly rods with that Burkie feel.
Each rod weight focuses upon the challenge in front of you. Whether you're dry fishing in crystal clear water with a 2wt rod or chucking streamers with a 9' 6" 6wt with a fighting butt, Burkie Trout Rods meet your needs.
- Free shipping in the Domestic United States for orders over $50.
- Shipping rate calculated upon checkout for International orders.
9' 4 Weight
- 490-4 Dry flies and small nymphs.
- Rod Weight: 2.6 Oz.
9' 5 Weight
- 590-4 Dry Flies and nymphs.
- Rod Weight: 2.75oz
9' 6 Weight
- 690-4 Terrestrials, Nymphs and Streamers
- Rod Weight: 2.8 oz.
9' 5" 6 Weight
- 695-4 Heavy Nymphs and Streamers
- Rod Weight: 3.0 Oz.
CF Burkheimer Fly Rods are warrantied to the registered original owner for life. Accidents or misuse are not covered under this warranty. However, if a mishap takes place resulting in a broken section, CF Burkheimer will repair or replace the part for a nominal fee.
Please, do not return your rod in need of repair to a dealer. Ship directly back to CF Burkheimer for all warranty work.
- Single Hand Rods: tips and mid-sections – $50 / butt sections – $135
- Double Handed Rods: tips and mid-sections – $75 / butt sections – $195
- Broken guide replacement $25 each
- State of Washington customers are responsible for state sales tax charges
- Please include return shipping cost with payment. Return shipping within the US is via UPS or USPS with an average cost of approximately $30.00 .
- Other carriers and expedited shipping services are available and may result in a high shipping fees.
- Foreign customers will be charged exact cost of US Postal Service fee (contact us in advance for pre-pay amount)
WHAT DO I DO IF I BREAK A ROD?
Follow this link to Burkheimer's Warranty Repair Form and fill it out completely. Include a check, money order, or call in credit card information when you ship the rod. This payment will cover the repair costs, return shipping costs and insurance charges. Please do not send cash.
Send the entire rod back to us, including the broken section(s). Package it in a sturdy box or tube, CF Burkheimer will not be responsible for any rods broken in transit. Please include the Warranty Repair Form and payment.
Repairs are a huge priority for us and we do everything in our power to return the rod promptly. Average repair time is 2~3 weeks. On some older models where parts need to be made and custom fit it can take 4~6 weeks. Please inform us if you need the rod sooner. We will work hard to expedite the repair and get it back to you as quickly as possible. We make every effort to match the original color of your rod blank when building replacement parts, but slight color variations are a possibility. This has no effect on action or structural integrity.
Shipping charges for international repairs or expedited returns will be addressed and billed on a case by case basis.
International Customers please clearly mark all custom forms that you are shipping an item back for repair; Warranty / Repair / No Commercial Value. We will refuse shipment on all packages not clearly stated as United States customs charges duty for unmarked packages.
Please address all rod returns to:
CF Burkheimer Fly Rod Company
2001 Main Street
Washougal, Washington 98671