There are adverse conditions that place a different set of demands on our equipment - extreme weather, extreme distance, or even extreme flies. The Ultralite X is the answer to those demands and is significantly faster than our standard Ultralite. The high recovery rates drive tight loops with even the largest flies. The more powerful butt section is built for lifting deep sunk lines, pressuring large fish away from snags, and handling density compensated fly lines with aggressive tapers.
- Sintrix NSX combined with a greater percentage of high modulus carbon fiber
- Rapid taper blank design maximises material performance
- Ceramic lined titanium recoil guides
- Rod of choice for high performance situations
- Free shipping in the Domestic United States for orders over $50.
- Shipping rate calculated upon check out for International orders.
|GUIDE TYPE||Ceracoil Stripper/Recoil Snake||Ceracoil Stripper/Recoil Snake||Ceracoil Stripper/Recoil Snake|
|NUMBER OF GUIDES WITH TIP||11||11||11|
|NUMBER OF PIECES||4||4||4|
|ROD BLANK MATERIAL||SINTRIX||SINTRIX||SINTRIX|
CF Burkheimer Fly Rods are warrantied to the registered original owner for life. Accidents or misuse are not covered under this warranty. However, if a mishap takes place resulting in a broken section, CF Burkheimer will repair or replace the part for a nominal fee.
Please, do not return your rod in need of repair to a dealer. Ship directly back to CF Burkheimer for all warranty work.
How much does it cost?
A handling and repair/replacement fee will be chargeable for each claim made under the Hardy Product Warranty and Repair Service. For current charges see Warranty Charges in the shaded box or contact your nearest customer service department. Hardy reserves the right to change the handling fee and repair/replacement fee from time to time without notice.
Rods manufactured since January 2002 are covered by our Worldwide Extended Warranty. Claims under the Hardy Product Warranty and Repair Service are currently subject to the following charges:
- $75 to cover repair/replacement, handling, administration and return postage and packing charge (per claim).
For rods manufactured before 2002, please contact the customer service team to find out the cost of your claim.
Customers are requested to retain a proof of purchase to aid with the claims process.
Discontinued models: Hardy may at their discretion offer you a comparable rod from the current range, at a discounted price.
How to make a claim:
In the event of a claim, the entire rod, or remaining pieces, should be sent to the Hardy® Customer Service Department for assessment with a copy of the completed Warranty Repair/Replacement Form.
If the rod has not been registered, a copy of the original proof of purchase must be included.
USA Customer Services Department:
Hardy Customer Service Dept.
1900 18th Street
Spirit Lake, IA 51360
Tel: (888) 516-1247
Sending Broken Sections:
For tip sections, you need only send the bottom 10cm (4ins), for middle sections, the bottom and top 10cm (4ins) and for the butt section, supply the top 15cm (6ins). Hardy will match a new replacement to the broken section. When returning broken sections, you must state model, length and line size. Please advise daytime telephone number and daytime delivery address.
- You are responsible for the shipping cost of the rod or section to the Hardy Customer Service Department.
- Goods covered by the Hardy Product Warranty and Repair Service will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Hardy.
- Hardy will try to match, so far as is reasonably possible, a replacement rod section to a broken section. However, there may be color/material and specification variations in the replacement sections against the original.
- The Hardy Product Warranty and Repair Service does not cover lost or stolen rod(s) or rod section(s).
- The Hardy Product Warranty and Repair Service does not cover any associated or consequential liability due to use of the rod.
- Warranty only applied to the original owner.
In the event that you have a valid claim under this service we will repair or replace the rod in accordance with these terms, but we will not be liable to you for any other loss, cost, claim or damage that you may suffer except for those losses which arise as a foreseeable consequence of us breaching these terms.