Smaller flies sometimes require smaller bobbins, so we developed our Shorty to provide the same level of precision tension, along with a smaller sized barrel. This is the perfect tool for those little blue wing olives, midges, small parachutes, or any other pattern where a full-sized bobbin starts to impede your ability to see and/or tie.
The Shorty also boasts the top-quality ceramic tube, to ensure smooth performance, and a removable vinyl grip.
- Approximately 3/4" shorter than the "Rite" Standard
- Great for tiny flies or smaller hands, but many tiers with large hands swear by this bobbin
- Zirconia Ceramic Thread Tube
- Small Diameter Barrel
- Removable Vinyl Grip
- Solid Brass Arm
- "Click" Drag Adjustment
- 1-9 ounces of thread tension
- Works great with spooled wire