Apparent to anglers of any skill level, these rods feel very light in the hand, are insanely accurate, and are simply a joy to fish at any distance. Ease of roll casts and mends is next level. The ability to control loop shape and line speed at any distance give anglers wide ranging versatility.
Centric rods combine new tapers and multi-modulus lay ups with a new resin system to increase fiber density and reduce weight, and they feature Scott's new generation ARC reinforcement for greater stability along multiple axes. New custom rolling equipment allows them to control fiber placement and density with new levels of precision. And just to top it all off, Scott designed new standard-setting componentry for Centric rods that redefine functionality, durability, and beauty.
Centric rods combine new precision construction techniques with our innovative new resin system to bond carbon fibers in a very dense matrix. The result? An exponentially lighter, more efficient rod that reduces casting fatigue and effort, while improving accuracy and versatility performance. So, whether it’s long bank shots with a dry, or short roll casts on your favorite nymph run, Centric rods bring together light weight, fast recovery and feel for unbridled fishing Nirvana.
- Enhanced feel, incredible stability and unequalled performance.
- Diameter is proportional to stiffness and strength - delivers blanks that transmit feel and maintain stability better than any other design approach.
- Fast taper mandrels with low-mass, thin-walled blanks and proprietary ARC reinforcement.
- Natural finish blanks aren't subjected to the rip through the sanding belt, nor are they covered with heavy paint. A natural finish blank is built to exacting tolerances. Scott's advanced resin systems permeate the blank, leaving a durable finish that will stand up to years of abuse.
- Advanced Reinforced Carbon (ARC) adds directional stability and hoop strength while minimizing additional weight. Scott's new generation ARC is over 35% lighter and sets a new first in ultra-light multi-ply blank construction.
- Fine-tuned flex and recovery.
- By varying the fiber tensile modulus along the length of the rod, Scott Fly Rod precisely controls the stiffness and recovery speed of their blanks. The result is a rod that loads and unloads more smoothly.
- Scott's Mil-Spec III anodize penetrates the surface of the aluminum, creating the hardest, most durable, and most corrosion resistant finish reelseat available.
- ReAct technology combines our X-Core design with a new complex materials and taper system to create a break-through in fast action rod design. ReAct counteracts energy sapping vibrations by speeding the recovery of the blank without the need to stiffen the rod with more material.
- Scott's FiberFuse enhanced resin system uses new chemistry to create bonds between each graphite fiber that are over 20% stronger than conventional epoxy resins.
- Scotts titanium guide frames let you worry about the fishing, and not about the salt.