Scott introduced the first G rods in 1976, and changed fly fishing by creating the first 9’ 4 weight fly rod. They also introduced the world to the hollow internal ferrule - the most sophisticated way to connect multi-piece fly rods in a smooth and seamless fashion.
In 2006, Scott Fly Rods introduced the G2 series and modernized medium-action fly rods by making them lighter in hand and increasing their recovery speed.
Now, Scott brings you the updated G Series. These rods advance medium action fly rods with two innovations. Scott reinvented the hollow internal ferrule to make it more flexible, stronger, and more than 20% lighter. They also combined their cutting edge fiber and resin systems in the most advanced multi-modulus layups they've ever created. New multi-slope tapers were designed to take full advantage of the new materials layups.
The results are rods that help solve one of the toughest challenges in medium action fly rod design – how to create a rod that both bends deeply and remains stable. G Series rods balance lighter in hand, have much more stability through the middle of the rod for better tracking, and generate higher line speeds. They do all this while retaining the classic flex of your favorite medium action rods.
Scott brought together presentation and power, so now you can pull hard on 7X tippet AND fish in the wind.
- ReAct technology combines Scott's X-Core design with a new complex materials and taper system to create a break-through in fast action rod design.
- Distance, control and accuracy are compromised by waves that vibrate in the rod, even after the cast has been made. Simply making the rod stiffer to stop these vibrations kills feel.
- ReAct counteracts energy sapping vibrations by speeding the recovery of the blank without the need to stiffen the rod with more material. This puts the feel in fast. And that’s a really good thing.
- Advanced Reinforced Carbon reduces torque and increases strength.
- Scott is the leader in carbon blank reinforcements. Theirlatest ARC technology adds hoop strength to our blanks without adding weight, and counteracts torque that can reduce casting accuracy and line control.
Titanium Snake Guides
- With the highest strength to weight ratio and corrosion resistance of any metal, Scot's titanium guide frames let you worry about the fishing, and not about the salt.
- When Scott set out to build the best fly rods, They knew they had to use the best components. Scott uses guides made from materials chosen for their strength, lightness, and corrosion resistance. Frames are made from pure titanium - 65% lighter than equivalent stainless steel guides, and 100% corrosion resistant. Silicon carbide (SiC) rings are diamond polished to create the smoothest surface of any ceramic material. SiC is resistant to abrasion, corrosion, and thermal shock.
- Enhanced feel, incredible stability and unequalled performance. X-Core combines the industry’s leading composite technologies with cutting edge design.
- Diameter is proportional to stiffness and strength, and X-Core, or Expanded Core, technology delivers blanks that transmit feel and maintain stability better than any other design approach.
- Scott uses fast taper mandrels with low-mass, thin-walled blanks and proprietary ARC reinforcement to create rods that have stiffness with feel, and stability with sensitivity.
- This design helps the rod come alive in your hands. It’s a superior approach to the slow taper, thick walled designs that deliver stiffness at the expense of feel.
FiberFuse Enhanced Resin System
- Our all new FiberFuse enhanced resin system uses new chemistry to create bonds between each graphite fiber that are over 20% stronger than conventional epoxy resins.
- These new, patented, American made guides from Snake Brand feature radius feet which conform to the blank, have the best corrosion resistance, and even have a self-lubricating finish to shoot line farther.
- Fine-tuned flex and recovery.
- Scott pioneered the use of multi modulus fiber lay ups in blank design.
- By varying the fiber tensile modulus along the length of the rod, we’re able to precisely control the stiffness and recovery speed of our blanks.
- The result is a rod that loads and unloads more smoothly.
- Patented nickel titanium snake guides will never rust, and are made from 'memory metal' so always return to their original shape even after being crushed or bent.
- Free Domestic Shipping in the United States
- Free International Shipping to Designated Locations
Scott designs rods for high performance and build them to last a lifetime. Sometimes things don't go as planned and you break a rod (sometimes even we mess up). It's for these occasions that we warranty our fly rods and have a dedicated repair department of rod craftsmen.
The Scott Lifetime Warranty applies only to the original owner of new graphite and fiberglass rods, purchased from an authorized Scott dealer, that are registered within 30 days of purchase.
Unregistered or resold rods are not covered by this warranty. Rods purchased from third party sites such as Ebay or Amazon are not covered by the warranty. The warranty does not cover loss or theft, loss or damage caused by transportation such as airlines, UPS, FedEx, US Mail, intentional damage, or damage from neglect.
Scott guarantees every registered fly rod and blank we craft with a serial number greater than 35,000 (made after ~ 1994). Thread colors may vary from those on the original rod. Discontinued cosmetic options and components may be replaced with their most comparable equivalent.
8' 4' 4 Weight
- Simply one of our favorite light line fly rods. This do it all rod, seems to capture the perfect balance for most light line fishing applications where feel and accuracy are equally prized. Controlled loops effortless glide off the rod, line speed is high enough for most conditions, and the balance is feather light.
8' 8" 4 Weight
- When hatches are reliable and you know you'll get to fish through the cycle with nymphs, emergers, dries and spinners, this is the rod to take to the river. It's a pleasure to cast and fish with small to mid sized flies, long leaders and light tippets. Light in hand, so smooth in loading, and springy with a fish on, this is one of our favorite rods.
9' 4 Weight
- A stellar rod for smaller flies, long leaders and light tippets. This rod is light, responsive and accurate. It's full of finesse without being wimpy, and it's powerful enough without ever feeling too fast.
9' 5 Weight
- This rod is sure to be compared to the 885 when considering which G 5 weight to fish. It's almost as light in hand and equally adept at fishing a wide range of fly types and sizes. This rod has the edge when a little more distance is called for, or when your fishing relies heavily on roll casts, single hand speys and long mends. This is an effortless 5 weight.
9' 6 Weight
- A superb rod for chucking streamers and big air resistant flies. With slightly lower line speed than today's fast action rods, and the ability to open up the loop shape when desired, this rod makes casting big flies feel effortless and smooth.