Conquer Montana's Missouri River with a Fly Rod.
Very large rainbow and brown trout thrive in the world's largest spring creek. Spoil yourself with one of the best dry fly streams on the planet. Pods of hungry fish gulping dry flies and fussy single risers sipping PMD's, Caddis, Tricos, BWO's and Midges are stalked most of the year. The Missouri's large, wild trout punish both your patience and your drag system.
Learning the river takes a lifetime. Missouri River Guides spend their careers studying its nuances. Their knowledge cuts your learning curve down to size maximizing your fishing enjoyment. Fish can't escape. But, they can hide. Our guides teach you how to find and fool the Missouri's impressive trout making your trip a complete success.
Waders and boaters enjoy excellent river access. Thirteen boat ramps serve 34 miles of blue ribbon water. Recreation Road follows the river for over 20 miles providing many places to park and wade into the river.
Three distinct sections comprise the river: Wade fishermen thrive in the upper river from Holter Dam to the Dearborn Confluence where there is easy wading access, riffles, runs and pools. From there, you will typically go on longer floats through the Canyon section ending at Pelican Point. Steep cliff walls provide relief on windy days. The final section flows through open prairies ending in Cascade. Big Brown Trout live here. Terrestrial fishing during the heat of summer yields results. Early spring and fall pull you to this section when the weather permits.
Fighting big fish with light tippets challenges your fishing skills and puts the Missouri at the head of the class. Enjoy the champagne of fly fishing.
- $650 / Day - Includes 4% Local Resort Tax
- 50% Deposit Required
- Balance Due 45 Days Before Trip Start Date. An invoice will be sent to you by email.
- Two-Angler Maximum Per Trip
- Lunches, Flies, Terminal Tackle included
- Guests are responsible for Fishing Licenses, Alcohol and Gratuities
- Guests meet their guide at The Trout Shop
- Deposits are collected and applied on a per trip basis.
- Cancelled bookings outside 45 days of the trip start date will receive a deposit refund less a 15% processing fee or can apply the full deposit to a date within the next calendar year.
- Cancelled bookings inside 45 days of the trip start date will forfeit their associated deposits.
- Click the Book Guide Trip(s) Button
- Select Payment Option
- Click on the Date(s) you want to Book a Missouri River Guide. If you wish to book a guide for one day, select the same start and finish dates in the booking calendar
- Enter the Quantity of Guides you want to book. If you want different quantities of guides on a day during your booking time frame, make a separate booking for the day
- Click the Next Button
- Verify that you have read and accept The Trout Shop's Booking Policies
- Click the Book Now Button
- Verify in the Shopping Cart that the Booking Dates are correct
- Verify the Quantity of 50% Deposit Charges matches the Combined Quantity of Days and Guide Trips in your booking (Example: 2 Guided Days x 2 Guides a Day = 4 Each 50% Deposits @ $325 Each = $1300 Total Deposit). If correct, proceed to the next step. If incorrect, adjust the quantity to match the quantity of days and guides you are booking or delete the reservation from your shopping cart and rebook the days
- Make Payment to Confirm Reservation