The Studio Apartment accommodates two guests with two queen beds. Enjoy the spectacular view of the area. Large, wild, trout live 100 steps from your room. Walk easily from your 2nd floor apartment to The Trout Shop and all the local services Craig, Montana, has to offer.
- 2 Queen Beds
- Full Bath w/ Walk-In Shower
- Air Conditioner / Heater
- Hi-Def Television
- DirecTV Service
- WiFi Internet Service
- Dresser / Clothes Hanger
- Office Desk
- Refrigerator / Freezer
- Range / Oven
- Microwave Oven
- Coffee Maker
- Kitchen Utensils
- Linen & Toiletries
- Hair Dryer
- Street Entry
- $250 / Night - Includes 8% Montana Bed Tax and 4% Craig Resort Tax
- 2-Guest Maximum
- 50% Deposit Required
- Toiletries & Linen Provided
- Daily Housekeeping Provided
- Starbucks® Coffee Service
- Pet Policy: Service Pets Allowed
- Licensed Montana Tourist Home
- If you must cancel your lodging reservation for any reason we will gladly refund your deposit less a 10% service fee based upon the rental price provided we can refill your reservation with a third party.
- If you must cancel all or part of your reservation, please contact us immediately. When given ample time, The Trout Shop will have the best chance at refilling your reservation and refunding your deposit.
- Click the Book Lodging Now Button.
- Click on the Day you wish to Check-In.
- Click on the Day you wish to Check-Out (2 - Night Minimum).
- Verify that you have read and accept The Trout Shop's Booking Policies.
- Click the Book Now Button.
- Verify in the Shopping Cart that the Booking Dates are correct.
- Verify the Quantity of 50% Deposit Charges matches the Quantity of Nights Booked in your reservation (Example: 4 Nightly Rentals x 4 Each 50% Deposits of $125 = $500 Deposit Total). If incorrect, adjust the quantity to match the quantity of nights you are booking or delete the reservation from your shopping cart and rebook the days.
- Make Payment to Confirm Reservation.
- Balance Due at Check-In.
Serving the local area since the west began.
In 1888 when pioneers living in the Missouri River Canyon broke ground on Lot 1, Block 1, in Craig, Montana, they heard the Great Northern Railway approaching. The property's owners wisely built Craig Mercantile and seized upon the opportunity that train traffic delivers. The United States Government picked Craig's central location to build a train depot and to meet their strategic goals. Both the government and the community gained by connecting the urban centers of Great Falls and Helena, MT.
Locomotives regularly parked in front of Craig Mercantile to take on water from the Missouri River to power their steam engines. Workers offloaded cargo for the sales floor including Peter Schuttler Covered Wagons, lumber, hardware and household goods. Ranchers filled the train's cars with livestock destined for the dinner table. The United States Post Office operated out of the same historic building. Wells Fargo's stagecoaches quit trotting across the land. Craig Mercantile became a regional distribution center. Craig, MT, established itself as the hub of the river.
Time meandered along. Ford Motor Company's assembly line workers built the Model T and the ability to motor over rural pathways. Accessing Montana's countryside became much easier. Modern highways kept pace with the burgeoning demand for The Treasure State's hidden gems by replacing dirt and gravel with pavement. A century later, the Great Northern Railway ceased traveling through the Missouri River Canyon. Time kept chugging along. Today, all roads take you to Craig, Montana.
Robert Redford's epic film, A River Runs Through It, laid tracks of its own in 1992. Author Norman Maclean's spirit lives wherever trout swim. His passion for fly fishing wrote the next chapter in Craig Mercantile's legacy. Now, anglers from around the world call the building located at 110 Bridge Street, Craig, Montana, The Trout Shop's Lodge.