Catch the biggest trout of your life on a fly rod.
Land of the Giants (LOG), home to a magical fishing place at the entry to the Gates of the Mountain Wilderness Area, has no equal. Within 30 minutes of leaving The Trout Shop, you'll see where perhaps the largest wild trout in Montana live.
Steep limestone walls tower 1200 feet into the sky. You're surrounded in wonder as you gently cruise over Holter Lake in a jet boat and then work your way up the Missouri River towards Hauser Dam where it all begins. While the topography is astounding, LOG's fish will be what lingers in your mind. How big do the fish get? Good question. Big. Bigger, faster and stronger than the fish below Holter Dam.
Spectacular hatches happen and the fish do rise, but finesse is not the name of the game. Nymph rigs continuously produce the largest, best results. When your indicator goes under, hang on. Trophy Browns come out of nowhere to chase streamers in the spring and fall. Sink tip lines make a difference by reaching untouched giants.
After a day on this stretch of river, you’ll agree that LOG is correctly named. Missouri River Guides hires local and licensed USCG captains that know the fishery and make a difference.
Book early to assure your privileged access to this fishing fantasy land.
- $725 Day - Includes 4% Local Resort Tax
- 50% Deposit Required
- Balance Due 45 Days Before Trip Start Date. An invoice will be sent to you by email.
- Two-Angler Maximum Per Trip
- Lunches, Flies and Terminal Tackle Provided.
- Guests are Responsible for Fishing Licenses, Alcohol and Gratuities.
- Guests meet their guide(s) at Gates of The Mountains Marina.
- Deposits are collected and applied on a per trip basis.
- Cancelled bookings outside 45 days of the trip start date will receive a deposit refund less a 15% processing fee or can apply the full deposit to a date within the next calendar year.
- Cancelled bookings inside 45 days of the trip start date will forfeit their associated deposits.
- Click the Book Guide Trip(s) Button
- Select Payment Option
- Click on the Dates you want to Book Guide Trips
- Enter the Quantity of Guides you want to book. If you want different quantities of guides on a day during your booking time frame, make a separate booking for the day
- Click the Next Button
- Verify that you have read and accept The Trout Shop's Booking Policies
- Click the Book Now Button
- Verify in the Shopping Cart that the Booking Dates are correct
- Verify the Quantity of 50% Deposit Charges matches the Combined Quantity of Days and Guide Trips in your booking (Example: 2 Guided Days x 2 Guides a Day = 4 Each 50% Deposits @ $362.50 Each = $1450 Total Deposit). If correct, proceed to the next step. If incorrect, adjust the quantity to match the quantity of days and guides you are booking or delete the reservation from your shopping cart and rebook the days
- Make Payment to Confirm Reservation
Missouri River Guides, LLC